Across our clinics in Europe we have seen a 150% increase over the last year in search related terms for penis enlargement.
- This has translated to an increase of 33% in booked consultations for penis enlargement; and
- Doubling of the number of penis enlargement operations that we perform.
Although this might reflect the fact that we have gradually established our clinics as centers of excellence for uro-genital reconstructive surgery, our experience suggests that there definitely has been an increase in the number of patients seeking penis enlargement surgery in the UK. The reasons for that are not clear but we hypothesize the following:
- The available of free porn creates a false perception to patients of what is the normal penis size – our analysis suggests that the average penis shown in porn movies is around 7in whereas the average penis size is closer to 5.5in – this is quite a difference
- Sexual attitudes and norms are changing especially among young patients – there is proliferation of sexting and use of smartphone apps where people are only judged based on pictures they send – showing-off genitals is key in attracting interest
- Last but not least, the surgical techniques are improving and there are more doctors offering these operations – the demand has probably probably always been there, in fact around 45% of men are not satisfied with their penis size, but people were not aware that with modern operating techniques, real penis enlargement can be performed safely and effectively.
Whatever the reason is, penis enlargement surgery in the UK is becoming more and more mainstream. Its popularity seems to follow a similar trajectory to breast enlargement operations – forty years ago they were very rare and only a few surgeons were performing them, however as the results improved their popularity also exploded.