For 17 years, Angela has been the lead for Sex Therapy in an NHS Clinic established to help men and women with a very wide range of sexual difficulties and is an accredited member of the College of Sexual & Relationship Therapy (COSRT). She has vast experience working with men with erectile dysfunction, premature and inhibited ejaculation, loss of sexual self-confidence, sexual anxiety and body image issues. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, she is knowledgeable about all aspects of sexual medicine and values working closely with medical colleagues to provide the best outcome for men with sexual difficulties.
Angela strongly believes that sex is good for our physical and mental health, a vital part of most relationships and an intrinsic aspect of what it means to be human. It is therefore important that help is offered to men who experience sexual difficulties and Sex Therapy provides a valuable treatment option either on its own or alongside medical interventions.
As Angela explains ‘The long-term impact of sexual dysfunction can be devastating for both the individual and their partner, for many men it will rob them of everything they value most, their self-respect, sexual confidence and the most intimate part of their relationship.’
Summary of Achievements
- Sex Therapist at Nottingham University Hospital Trust
- Represented major drug companies, promoting the importance of the couple relationship in restoring sexual function, the psychological aspects of erectile dysfunction, ejaculatory disorders and sexual anxiety.
- Lecturer to health professionals throughout the UK including British Society for Sexual Medicine, British Association for Sexual & HIV, British Menopause Society, NSpine, Faculty of Contraception and Sexual Health
- Lecturer for the School of Nursing & Midwifery, Gynaecology Trainees and GP training modules
- 2015 – 2017 Secretary of the British Society of Sexual Medicine and a member of the European Society of Sexual Medicine
- 2013 ‘Sexual Problems in Older Women’ published in the International Journal of Gynaecology
- 2014 ‘The Impact of Trauma on Sexual Functioning’ published in the International Journal of Nursing
- 2016 Interviewed for Radio One Newsbeat, BBC World Service, BBC Africa and Radio 5 live on the impact of pornography on male sexual function
- 2017 Interviewed for Radio 4 Today Programme on the impact of pornography on men and women
- 2017 Interviewed for a Radio 4 documentary on Erectile Dysfunction
- 2017 Chapter 16 ‘Psychosexual Therapy’ in ‘Male Sexual Dysfunction – A clinical guide’ Edited by Suks Minas & John Muhall published by Wiley & Sons